Saturday, January 25
Key Dates & Featured Events
Mark your calendar for the following dates and upcoming special events!
Saturday, January 25
On Picture Day, our photography partner, Event Images, will be onsite to take pictures.
Individual and team pictures and customizable novelty items will be available for purchase from Event Images.
Pictures will be taken in the Calvary Life Center just around the corner from the Main Gym.
Youth Sports Overview
Register now for Spring 2020 leagues!
Rec Soccer, Flag Football & Baseball
Be part of CHAMP Youth Sports this Spring!
Get details about our leagues:
Registration is now open!
- Practices Begin: Week of March 2
- Opening Game Day: Saturday, March 14
- Season Ends: Saturday, May 16
CHAMP Group Fitness
Options for all fitness levels
Try your first class FREE!Adults of all ages are invited to our CHAMP Fitness group exercise classes! Come enjoy fun and fellowship while improving your overall balance and energy level. Classes include a variety of exercise options with moderate cardio and strength training. Try your first class FREE!
Cardio–Sculpt10:00–11:00 AM | TuesdaysJanet Baker, InstructorThis class offers segments of cardio, muscle toning, and stretching all set to energetic Christian music.Healthy Bodies11:15 AM–12:00 PM | TuesdaysCatherine Atwood, Alice Furr InstructorsThis class includes floor and standing exercises that focus on toning, stretching, breathing, and balance. Come strengthen your limbs, spine, and core muscles. Bands, light weights, and mats will be used. For active adults of all ages.Cardio/Pilates
10:00 AM - 11:15 AM • Thursdays
Janet Baker, Instructors
This hybrid class begins with cardio and then shifts to core strength training.Healthy Hearts10:00–11:00 AM | Mon-Wed-FriDebbie Chase, Personal Trainer and Instructor, Crystal Crawford, Chris Linke, Rose Tom InstructorsThis class utilizes a variety of stretches, low-impact aerobics, and muscle conditioning exercises to help increase endurance and develop a strong heart. Class is geared towards active adults.Upper Body Strength Training11:15 AM–Noon | Mon-Wed-FriAmy Nabors, Occupational Therapist and InstructorExercises for upper extremity strengthening are done while seated or standing. Class includes stretches, use of thera-bands and weighted dowels that can be adjusted to personal strength levels. This class is geared towards anyone who wants to focus on upper body strength training.
Classes cost $20 per month; fee provides unlimited monthly class access. All classes meet in the Calvary Life Center, room 1300.
Register in-person at your first class.
March – May 2020
Looking to stay in shape or looking to find some friendly competition? Sharpen your skills and get connected during this spring season of play!
CHAMP Men's Basketball Season: March – May 2020
- Registration Opens: January 12
- Games start: Week of March 2
- Games end: Week of April 23
- Tournament: April 27 – May 11
- Ages 18+. Men must be 18 years of age by the start of the season.
- Register as a team or individually (we'll assign individuals). Men's basketball is an outreach and discipleship ministry. Behavior becoming of Christ-followers is expected.
- Each team plays one game per week. Games are played Mondays and Thursdays at 6:00 & 7:00 PM. (The gym will be open at 5:00 PM for warm-ups prior to the first game.) Game schedules will be posted.
- The season concludes with a tournament.
- Games are 5v5.
- Games consist of two 20-minute halves. The time clock only stops for time-outs and injury.
- There will be a 5-minute halftime.
- Games will have referees and a scorekeeper.
Contact: Kelly Lamb, 704.887.33689, firstname.lastname@example.org
Adult Coed Volleyball
March – May 2020
Looking for a chance to play volleyball and experience great fellowship and community? Come play volleyball with us!
CHAMP Volleyball Season: March – May 2020
- Registration Opens: January 12
- Matches Start: March 3
- Matches End: April 24
- Tournament: May 1 and May 8
- For ages 18+
- Register as a team or individual (we'll assign individuals). Adult Volleyball is an outreach and discipleship ministry. Behavior becoming of Christ-followers is expected.
- Matches will be held on Friday evenings at 6:30 PM with the exception of March 3 and April 7, which will be held on Tuesday evening at 6:30 PM. Teams play one match per week. (The gym will open at 5:00 PM for warm-ups.) Match schedules will be posted.
- The season will conclude with a tournament.
- Score will be kept during matches, and a devotion will be shared at the beginning of the first match.
Contact: Kelly Lamb, 704.887.3689, email@example.com
Join us in the New Year
Worship, grow, connect at Calvary!
Interested in learning more about Jesus? Looking to deepen your walk with the Lord and grow in His Word? Want to get connected? We'd love to welcome you at Calvary!
Worship Services & Life Groups
Worship with us this Sunday morning at 9:45 AM! All generations come together to praise our great God and study His Word with Pastor John Munro.
Are you part of a Life Group? These small groups for all ages are one of the best ways to connect and make friends. Life Groups meet before or after the Sunday morning service. Browse the options and pick some to try!
Our Sunday night services and activities resume on Sunday, January 6. Student and children's choirs also start back (and kids can join anytime)!
Wednesday Night Activities
Our Wednesday evening activities resume on January 8, including:
- Wednesday night fellowship dinner in the Crown Room
- A new slate of in-depth Bible study electives for adults
- AWANA and Bible clubs for children
- IGNITE worship and community for students
The Journey worship night for our college & young adults continues on Tuesday nights at 7:30 PM.
Classes & Studies
Those interested in membership at Calvary are invited to attend the membership course taught by Pastor Munro. The next session is running on two Saturdays, January 11 & 18 at 9:00 AM—12:30 PM.
ESL classes start on January 6. Register online or in-person. Full details here.
Our Support Classes (DivorceCare, Boundaries, and Trading Grief for Hope) begin on Monday, January 13. Classes are open to everyone and explore life challenges from a Christian perspective. Details including pre-registration for childcare here.
Serving & Missions
And our ongoing, year-round focus on serving and missions continues, with a new slate of GO Trips planned and a full range of volunteer opportunities within the ministries at Calvary or our local community.
Have questions? We'd love to hear from you! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calvary Children's Choirs
Sunday evenings through 5/19
6–7:15 PM | For age 4 – 5th grade
Participating in our Children's Worship Choirs is a joyful and fun experience! Our children's choirs are getting ready to resume on Sunday, January 5–and it's a great time to join!
Choirs meet on Sunday evenings during the school year through May 19. Kids (age 4–5th grade) sing praise and worship music and participate in fun games and activities with their friends. They learn basic music theory and grow to love the Lord through worshiping Him. Children share their music in worship services and events throughout the year.
Wee Praisers: Ages 4 – Kindergarten
Sundays, 6:00–7:15 PM, LL1 (Lower Level 1, next to the Choir Room)
Joyful Praise Children’s Choir: Grades 1–5
Sundays, 6:00–7:15 PM, Choir Room
Children are dismissed from Sunday evening service at 6:00 PM in the Sanctuary for rehearsal. Parents pick up children from their assigned rooms immediately after the service.
Children are welcome to join at any point in the 2019-2020 season. Parents, simply come with your children on the first night to complete registration.
Contact: Chelsea Hathaway, 704.341.5435, email@example.com