Welcome to Coaches Corner!
CHAMP wants you and your team to have a great season! Use the resources and information here to prepare. Thank you for serving as a coach and for your commitment to the ministry of CHAMP Sports!
Current status & remaining needs
Coaching Tips & Resources
Here are some tips for a smooth and impactful season for first-time and longtime CHAMP coaches!
- Be prepared for every practice and every game, especially the first one.
- Arrive early – get to practice at least 15 minutes early to allow time for set-up; get to games 30 minutes early.
- Incorporate fun activities into every practice by limiting the number of “drills” and/or adding fun and creative elements to each drill.
- Pray on practice/game days.
- Write down specific goals for your season as a coach.
- Develop a plan for how you can help each player succeed (players are there for different reasons and looking for different levels of achievement).
- Compliment & encourage everyone – your players, opposing players, parents, spectators, concession stand workers, etc.
- Make building relationships a priority with the players and parents; spend time with your team outside of practices/games (meet at McDonald’s after practice/game, invite everyone over to your house for a pizza party, etc.).
- Participate in all activities you ask your team to participate in – volunteer opportunities, picture days, events, services, etc.
Using the Coach Tools in the CHAMP Registration Website